Your privacy is important to Metro Immediate and Primary Care. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Metro Immediate and Primary Care collects, and the ways in which Metro Immediate and Primary Care uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
Metro Immediate and Primary Care may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
Each time you visit Metro Immediate and Primary Care, a record of your visit is made which typically contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and referral information.
This medical record may be used in some of the following ways:
- To plan your care and treatment and to communicate to other health professionals who contribute to your care
- As a legal document describing the care you received
- As a way for you or a third-party payer to verify that services billed were provided to you
- As a tool in educating health professionals
- As a source of data for medical research or of public health officials
- As a source of data for our business planning, evaluation and marketing
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property Metro Immediate and Primary Care, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices
- Inspect and copy your health record
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information
- Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
Metro Immediate and Primary Care’s Responsibilities
- Maintain the privacy of your health information
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you
- Abide by the terms of this notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction, and
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice. If you have questions and would like additional information, you may contact Metro Immediate and Primary Care’s President/CEO at (202) 544-7580. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the HIPAA Officer or with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201.
Release of Medical Records
If you need copies of your medical records from Metro Immediate and Primary Care, please fill out a Release of Medical Records form so we may be able to release that information.
Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Rest assured that any personal information you provide us with via this website, including your e-mail address, will never be sold or rented to any third party without your expressed permission. If you provide us with any personal or contact information in order to receive anything from us, we may collect and store that personal data. In some instances, we may partner with a third party to provide services such as newsletters, health or company updates, and in such case, we may need to provide your contact information to said third parties. This information, however, will only be provided to these third-party partners if you specifically request these communiqués, and the third party will not use your information for any other reason than to provide the information you have requested. While we may track the volume of visitors on specific pages and download information from specific pages, these numbers are only used as a whole and without any personal information. This aggregate demographic information may be shared with our partners, but it is definitely not linked to any personal information that can identify you or any visitor to our site.
We may occasionally conduct surveys on this site, and participation in these surveys should always be viewed as completely voluntary. Any information collected via these surveys will only be used to help us provide you with better service in the future.
We make every effort to secure any information submitted through our site, however, please be aware that any information you send via email may not be secure and we do not take responsibility for any information sent to us via email.
Links on our Site
Our site may contain links to other outside websites. We cannot take responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of these sites and we encourage you to check the privacy practices of all internet sites you visit.
Securing your data
Metro Immediate and Primary Care will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Metro Immediate and Primary Care will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
[Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.]
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Metro Immediate and Primary Care is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Metro Immediate and Primary Care
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
By post to 220 L Street, NE Washington DC 20002